You cannot ignore the importance of a bathroom since it’s one of the essential things we check when we plan to purchase a house. You must ensure it is clean, well designed, and has enough space. The bathroom plays a vital role in ensuring that we stay refreshed. This is why you must always choose the right features for your bathroom since this will allow you to enjoy your bath and have a better shower.
Several bathtubs and showers are available in the market today. The good thing is that they come in various styles and sizes. Choosing the right one for your bathroom will be based on multiple factors that you need to consider. You need to know whether you require a corner bathtub for that spa feeling or just a regular one.
Types Of Bathtubs
There are different types of bathtubs available in the market. However, there are specific types based on the designs and materials used to make them. The common materials used to make bathtubs include acrylic, iron, steel, and fiberglass. The most popular material is acrylic because of its features the common types of bathtubs include the following;
- Clawfoot bathtub – Its name is derived from its main feature, legs that look like claws. It requires a lot of water to fill, unlike other bathtubs. It was most common in the 19th century.
- Pedestal bathtub – They are commonly placed in a freestanding position hence making them easy to install. The faucets are done on the wall or floor. You can fill water at much deeper levels than other types of bathtubs.
- Alcove bathtub – This is a built-in type of bathtub and enclosed from three sides with one side open. A shower curtain covers the open side. You have the option of choosing the drain, whether it will be on the right or left side.
- Drop-in bathtub – They are also called sunken bathtubs with no exterior portion. They are mostly installed on a mounted part and embedded on the ground. They have a step for getting inside.
- Whirlpool bathtub – They are pretty popular and gave birth to the famous jacuzzi, not to mention relaxing. The air bubbles keep refreshing the water and offer soft massage.
Bathtubs can use a lot of space and may take a long time to fill, but that’s not a big deal. Once you are inside the tub, you won’t be thinking of such stuff.
How Do You Choose The Right Bathtub
When you install a bathtub in your bathroom, it will remain there for a long time. It will stay there for many years and therefore you need to take your time when choosing the right bathtub. Here are a few questions that you should ask yourself when choosing the right bathtub.
Why Do You Need A Bathtub?
The first consideration you need to make is the main reason why you need a bathtub. Do you want one because you want to spend more time in the bathroom while soaking in the tub or because of therapeutic effects? This will guide you in ensuring that you will choose the right fit for your bathroom.
What Size Of A Bathtub Do You Need?
What kind of bathtub do you need, and what is the size that you require? Is what you have in mind able to fit in your bathroom space, or will it be too big. You will need a bathtub that will not make your bathroom look crowded.
What Is The Theme Of Your Bathroom?
A bathtub is an excellent addition to your bathroom if you want an upgrade; however, you will need to check the design and make sure that the bathtub you choose will go with the current team of your bathroom. By doing this, you will not have to redo everything in the bathroom, and you can save on the cost of upgrades.
How Much Can You Spare In Terms Of Cash
Bathtubs in different sizes, designs, and materials. Your financial capability and determine the choice that you settle for. You will need something that will fit your budget.
If you want to give your bathroom a dramatic change, then a bathtub is the best way to go. It is a typical bathroom comfort, and it’s getting harder to find a home without one. They have a lot of features that make them very efficient for the modern bathroom.